(30 Day Challenge) Day 06: Write 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself
I don’t think I’ll be able to come up with 30, but I’ll see how far I get!
1. My husband and I have three bunnies; Luna (aka Lunabutt/Evilest Bun in the World), Tigerlily (aka Tiger/Tigerbutt/Tigerbunny/Fattest Bun in the World), and Lucitania (Luci/Lucibun/Smartest Prettiest Bun in the World). My Tumblr is named after one of my bunnies :) Luna and Luci are Hotots and Tigerlily is some kind of mixed breed, mostly French Lop I think.
2. I have a BA in Philosophy and Religion.
3. I love Star Trek in its many forms, although not so fond of Enterprise or Voyager. My favorite is Deep Space Nine.
4. I also love Murder Mysteries. I love Miss Marple, Poirot, BBC’s Sherlock and the older Sherlock Holmes, Foyle’s War, Jonathan Creek, etc.
5. My parents are very cool, dare I say cooler than most parents; my mom works for the Environmental Protection Agency and when my dad retired he worked for my school system as a computer teacher and also set up their computer networks.
6. Every guy I’ve ever had a serious relationship with has had Alsatian ancestry. This was neither anticipated nor planned, it just keeps happening! Two of them came from families that literally lived in towns 30 minutes apart before emigrating to America. Don’t ask me how I keep finding them.
7. I like to read and watch the news. I also prefer to read non-fiction vs. fiction, sometimes I feel a little left out with my disinterest in works of fiction, although I love when people share their thoughts and favorite quotes from stories they’ve read. I like to read about history, philosophy, ethics, and sociology.
8. I had my dreadlocks for 2 1/2 years, and I loved them! But I just decided to change them one day, so I did. Sometimes I think it’s better to do certain things without agonizing over the decision too much. My dreads had great meaning to me though, and it did take me a while to adjust to my new self image.
9. I live in a Victorian house and it’s gorgeous!
10. One time we discovered a secret space in the house.
11. I enjoy shooting guns (especially rifles) and do so as a hobby.
12. I’ve known my best friend my entire life, we were born in houses next door to each other. Sometimes we hadn’t spent time together for many years, but we always end up back together. We’re more like family than friends with the way we know so much of each others’ pasts and communicate intuitively.
13. I’m having a really hard time thinking up interesting facts about myself, and doubting whether most of the ones I’ve written so far are actually interesting haha
14. I really love seeing so many beautiful, talented, sincere, and interesting people on Tumblr. When I remind myself that you are all real and not just images, it makes me realize how many cool people are in the world who share my interests. That’s not really an interesting fact about myself but I can’t think of anything else, good night!